Dear Fellow Students of the 28 Rules,
Here is a brief synthetic summary of the two Rules XIII--a deep Rule in both cases and difficult of fulfillment.
28 Rules Group
Commentary on Rule XIII Part 28 Rules Group
Commentary on Rule XIII Part V of V
R&I and IHS, Rules XIII
(All Highlighting, Bolding and Underlining—MDR)
Please read this Commentary with your book open or with reference to an electronic copy of the text. This will facilitate an appreciation of continuity.
Let us consider the synthesis of these two Rules—Rules XIII.
How can we approach these Rules in any matter which can be considered practical?
For Applicants: Four things the disciple must learn and comprehend before he can be shown the inmost mystery: first, the laws of that which radiates; the five meanings of magnetisation make the second; the third is transmutation or the secret lost of alchemy; and lastly, the first letter of the Word which has been imparted, or the hidden name egoic.
1. We are searching for our soul-identity, our spiritual name.
2. For us, microcosmically, our soul-identity is our “inmost mystery”, or, at least the ‘gateway’ to the deepest inmost mystery, which, still more deeply, is the realm of the Monad.
3. Ultimately, it is the Monad which radiates. Secondarily, it is the soul which radiates, and finally the disciples within the Ashram who becomes a center of beneficent radiation.
4. The Dhyanis are fivefold. The egoic lotus is, from one important perspective, fivefold. Each area of the lotus has its peculiar type of magnetism, attracting to itself certain kinds of experiences and circumstances in the lower worlds.
5. We are on our way to becoming thoroughly magnetic souls-in-incarnation. As we enter the fifth kingdom of nature, this becomes an accomplished fact.
6. So, we must learn to feel and express monadic radiation—the radiation of pure being (as far as it can be experienced on the cosmic physical plane). Soul radiance (of love and light) are also needed, and reflected monadic will is also involved.
7. We are also meant to come together as souls. When the five meanings of magnetization are active in our life, we will come together as souls. This type of affiliation is more likely after the second initiation—correlating with the second law of the soul—the Law of Magnetic Impulse.
8. As for transmutation, it concerns the third aspect of divinity primarily, the improvement of the quality of matter so that Spirit may eventually be released from thralldom to matter.
9. We see that the three major aspects of divinity are treated sequentially—radiation (first aspect); magnetization (second aspect); transmutation (third aspect).
10. Finally, the “hidden name egoic” reveals egoic identity and, thus, the true place of the individual in the Divine Plan and Purpose of the Master and, eventually, of the Planetary Logos and, finally, Solar Logos.
11. When these things can be accomplished, a true foundation for hierarchical work has been laid.
12. We see that we are expected to express, eventually, as Monads and as souls, through a transmuted personality system.
13. Finally, we must absolutely know who we are—egoically. This is probably not yet the case for most of us.
14. To the degree that we begin to master the Science of Destiny (a truly monadic science), to that degree we ill be led into the realization of our full spiritual identity and the expression of our identity.
For Disciples and Initiates: Let the group get ready to reveal the hidden mystery.
15. For a true group of initiates (and this Rule is meant only for such), the “hidden mystery” has to do with planetary Identity. It concerns the life of the Planetary Logos, His nature and His destiny.
Let the group demonstrate the higher meaning of the lessons learnt, and these are four and yet are one.
16. The “higher meaning” concerns triadal realization. The higher mental plane, the buddhic plane, atmic plane and monadic plane are all involved.
17. The four words, as we discussed in a recent commentaries on this section are: Radiation. Magnetisation. Transmutation. Impartation.
18. Might we say (in the context of these four) that Radiation is of the atmic plane; Magnetization of the buddhic plane; Transmutation of the higher mental plane, and Impartation related to that which the Monad realizes of the Identity of the Planetary Logos and its place within that Logos.
19. To simplify the matter, we have been used to living in the lower triangle (that of the personality), but when we learn the higher meaning of the lessons learnt, we must learn to focus within the spiritual triad as initiates and Masters do.
Let the group understand the Law of Synthesis, of unity and fusion;
20. Our task here is to work with Monad, soul and soul-personality.
21. Synthesis is realized through monadic influence or contact.
22. Unity is realized through soul-identification.
23. Fusion is realized as soul energy permeates the personality.
24. As a group of (at least probationary) initiates, we are to engage in all three processes.
25. As synthesis “works its way down”, unity and fusion result.
26. As fusion gives way to realized unity and unity ascends towards the Monad, synthesis is understood and experienced.
let the threefold mode of working with that which is dynamic carry the group together towards the Higher Three where the Will of God holds sway;
27. It is the will aspect which is dynamic, and groups at a high stage of unfoldment understand the nature of the spiritual will emerging from the Ashram and permeating the group.
28. The mode of working with the will is threefold.
29. The three major aspects of the will can be considered:
a. The Will-to-Be
b. The Will-to-Good
c. The Will-to-Know
a. The Will-to-Initiate
b. The Will-to-Unify
c. The Will-to-Evolve
let Transfiguration follow Transformation and may Transmutation disappear.
31. Here we are speaking of triadal developments. We are well beyond the third initiation when these three states (as presented in this section of the chapter) are being considered.
32. The thought always to be realized is that anything that can be done within the personality can be done on a higher turn of the spiral within the spiritual triad. This we must practice as we build the rainbow bridge into the triad.
Let the O.M. be heard right at the centre of the group, proclaiming God is All.
33. Of course, we cannot know the true meaning of this. We scarcely know the meaning of the OM as it applies to the influence of the soul in relation to our personality.
34. Yet, Sanat Kumara, as the representative of the great solar aspect, sounds a solar OM which is reflected at the center of the group. At this point, we know that God-the-Planetary-Logos is the planetary whole.
35. As we attune increasingly with Sanat Kumara, we shall know that God-the-Solar-Logos is the solar systemic whole—the “All” with which we must deal at this time—our true macrocosm.
36. We can tell that only at the highest levels of group process can we hope to fulfill this Rule (in any respect).
37. Thus, we have to see to right group development, and reach a very high level of integrated service, if we are to fulfil this Rule to any extent.
38. I would suggest that only when we become a truly ashramic group (in fact a group which is a unit within the Ashram) can we hope to take the initial steps towards fulfilling this Rule.
39. It is our hope that studies on the 28 Rules may continue in a still more practical form beginning in February of 2009.
In Light, Love and Power,
Michael and Stefan