Fellowship of Cosmic Fire
Commentary Semester IX Section V Part II
TCF 1123-1128 : S9S5 Part II
Most of the Tibetan’s text is put in font 16, to provide better legibility when projected during classes. Footnotes and references from other AAB Books and from other pages of TCF are put in font 14. Commentary appears in font 12. Underlining, Bolding and Highlighting by MDR)
It is suggested that this Commentary be read with the TCF book handy, for the sake of continuity. As analysis of the text is pursued, many paragraphs are divided, and the compact presentation in the book, itself, will convey the overall meaning of the paragraph. So please read an entire paragraph and then study the Commentary
There are, in connection with human evolution, certain factors which produce definite and important results, when connected with each other through linking streams of energy and therefore consciously functioning.
1. In the linking lies the augmentation of power.
2. We are dealing with a Mercurian function. The goal is simultaneous, consciously interactive multi-dimensional consciousness.
3. In this case, the factors to be linked are different aspects of the constitution of man.
These factors might be considered as follows, dividing them into two groups, each of them emphasising the duality of the microcosmic manifestation:
4. The following divisions suggest the dualism of mind and love. There are, of course, other relevant dualities.
1. The Knowledge Petals.
2. The knowledge petal in each of the two inner circles.
5. The sacrifice petals are not included in this enumeration, but the sacrifice tier, too, has its knowledge petal.
6. Under point “2.”, we are speaking of two petals, the total number being five knowledge petals.
3. The centres on the mental plane.
7. There are four of these as illustrated in TCF, Chart VIII, p. 817.
8. The splenic center of the lower mental plane is numbered as one of the centers.
4. The throat centre in etheric matter.
5. The alta major centre.
9. The alta major center is principally related to the third aspect of divinity, to Brahma.
6. The physical brain.
10. The brain is related to Saturn and the third aspect but it can also be considered from a first ray directorial perspective.
11. All of the six factors listed above are along the line of the third aspect of divinity.
1. The Love Petals.
2. The love petal in each circle. [Page 1124]
12. Again, such a petal is found in both the knowledge tier and the sacrifice tier. All of the petals in the central tier are love petals though the central petal of the middle circle represents the greatest concentration of the quality of love. The total number of love petals, then, is five.
3. The centres on the astral plane.
13. There are seven such centers and they correspond exactly to the centers found on the etheric plane. The astral centers, however, are ruled by different rays. (cf. EH 51)
4. The heart centre in etheric matter.
14. The heart center is the great conductor of the second aspect of divinity.
5. The pituitary body.
15. This gland can be related to all three aspects, but at a fairly advanced stage becomes the organ (in the head) of the second aspect of divinity.
6. The sympathetic nervous system.
The sympathetic nervous system (SNS) is one of the three parts of the autonomic nervous system, along with the enteric and parasympathetic systems. Its general action is to mobilize the body's resources under stress; to induce the flight-or-fight response. It is, however, constantly active at a basal level in order to maintain homeostasis.[1
The actions of the parasympathetic nervous system can be summarized as "rest and digest", as opposed to the "fight-or-flight" effects of the sympathetic nervous system.
Sympathetic and parasympathetic divisions typically function in opposition to each other. But this opposition is better understood as complementary in nature rather than antagonistic. For an analogy, one may think of the sympathetic division as the accelerator and the parasympathetic division as the brake. The sympathetic division typically functions in actions requiring quick responses. The parasympathetic division functions with actions that do not require immediate reaction. A useful acronym to summarize the functions of the parasympathetic nervous system is SLUDD (salivation, lacrimation, urination, digestion and defecation).
16. The sympathetic nervous system seems to work under the Law of Attraction and Repulsion. In its nature, there is much that is related to Mars and to the sixth and fourth rays.
17. The parasympathetic system appears to work in relation to the planet Saturn.
18. Of course, these planetary correlations are great simplifications.
These various alignments (when functioning with due adjustment) result in the transmission of energy in the first case from the manasic permanent atom, and in the second case from the buddhic permanent atom.
19. Here we see some ways in which the central nuclei (the permanent atoms) of the spiritual triad are related to the structure and functions of the causal body.
20. The manasic permanent atom is related to the knowledge petals and, thus, to the various factors listed above under the knowledge petals.
21. The buddhic permanent atom is related to the love petals and, thus, to the various factors listed above under the love petals.
It will be apparent, therefore, how important it is that the student duly considers the process of bringing about a uniform alignment, and a conscious appreciation of the vibratory processes of these two groups.
22. This is one of the major tasks upon our planet and even within our solar system. In both instances an attempt to align, coordinate and fuse the second and third aspects is underway.
23. The alignment must be “uniform” and hence functionally stable. The desired alignment should be achievable at will.
24. From a practical perspective, alignment represents both the beginning and the end of any esoteric process.
As he brings this adjustment about, the effect upon the physical plane will be the manifestation of the powers of the Soul,
25. The Solar Angel can be considered a blend of both the third and second aspects. They are manasadevas (thus high exponents of manas—these manasic abilities achieved in the previous solar system) and are also “hearts of fiery love”.
and of the healing capacity;
26. The healing capacity results from bringing the second aspect of divinity in contact with the third. Archetypal relationships restore distorted relationships in the lower worlds of form.
the man will become a focal point for egoic energy and a server of his race.
27. This type of alignment is required if man is to become a focal point of egoic energy and a server. Without the alignment here discussed, the man can become neither.
28. The soul or Ego expressing through the form is the true server and healer just as it is the true magician.
The black magician brings about similar results by means of the first group,
29. The black magician is powerfully manasic and, thus, it seems that the lowest aspect of the spiritual triad may be accessible to him.
only with the exception that he cannot align the knowledge petals in the two inner groups, as the love-wisdom aspect is atrophied in his case.
30. The two inner groups are groups or circles of petals—the love petals and the sacrifice petals.
31. In this case, love is associated with the love petals and wisdom with the sacrifice petals.
32. The love circle and the sacrifice circle each have a knowledge petal but, apparently, because these two circles deal with love and wisdom, the two knowledge petals which are part of these circles are inaccessible to the black magician.
33. It has always been clear that black magicians work without love, but here it is also emphasized that they work without wisdom as well. A little reasoning proves this to be the case. It is hardly wise to set oneself against the Divine Plan and lose all opportunity for true progress within our solar system.
He does, however, bring through the energy of the manasic permanent atom,
34. As suggested above. The manasic permanent atom is part of the spiritual triad, which triad is largely a reflection of the first aspect of divinity (though we cannot entirely include the influence of the second aspect).
35. The implication is that the black magician is bypassing the soul in a way quite different from the way in which the student of the White Lodge is told to ‘bypass’ the soul when building the antahkarana.
36. Although the black magician brings through energy from the manasic permanent atom, in building the type of antahkarana he builds, he does not seek polarization within his own manasic permanent atom.
for the force of Mahat (of which Manas is an expression) is closely connected with what is erroneously called "evil."
37. Mahat is pure cosmic Mind. DK seems to be relating the “force of Mahat” with the functions of the manasic permanent atom.
38. Mahat is a factor superior to manas.
39. We note that DK implies a more philosophical view of the nature of “evil”. There are apparently other and more intelligent ways of describing what we usually describe as “evil”.
Mahat and cosmic Evil have a close connection.
40. Of this connection Master DK says very little. We understand that there is nothing evil about pure mind, per se, but that mind devoid of love can become an instrument of destruction, especially in relation to the programme of our second ray solar system.
The great Existences Who are the principle of Mahat in its cosmic sense
41. These are Beings beyond the scale of a Planetary Logos, though from one point of view, a Planetary Logos is a cosmic Being. DK, however, tells us that the black magician develops extra-systemic contacts along the mahatic line.
Note that DK did not say, “who express the principle of
Mahat” but “Who are the principle of Mahat.” We might wonder whether
these Beings are necessarily embodied in planetary, logoic or constellational
form. Perhaps not.
are connected with the lesser existences who express systemic evil.
43. There are three types of evil with which we are concerned: planetary evil, systemic evil and cosmic evil.
44. We must always remember that we are in a second ray solar system, and that evil is a relative term. What is considered “evil” in this solar system was probably not considered so in the previous solar system.
They are the sum total of the separative instrument,
45. DK seems to be telling us that the members of the Black Lodge, as we understand them to be in the context of our solar system, are an “instrument”. Are they ‘wielded’ by these great cosmic Existences—the cosmic exponents or principles of Mahat?
and where separation in any form exists, there is to be found ignorance, and therefore evil.
46. Why is the term “form” italicized? Is separation when not associated with a form permissible and not evil? Certainly the factor of separation is necessary in the process of creation and has been discussed in A Treatise on Cosmic Fire as an aspect of the Brahmic energy and as the first effect of rotary motion.
47. What is really interesting here is the association of ignorance and evil. This is, in one way, a very Buddhist idea.
48. The implication is also given that separation causes ignorance because it prevents contact with various aspects of the One Self. Without contact and resultant experience, there is ignorance of that which otherwise might be contacted. Where this ignorance prevails, there is no possibility of participating in the systemic reunion which is intended by the Solar Logos.
49. We have seen the principle of separation discussed as an important factor within the Brahmic aspect, but within the context of a second ray solar system in can conduce to evil unless properly supervised and regulated by the second aspect.
Separation negates comprehension, or knowledge of that which is to be found outside the separated consciousness, for separative knowledge entails identification with that which is expressing itself through the medium of a form.
50. If there is identification only with form, then how can there be identification with that which lies outside the range of form—namely the spiritual worlds?
51. The separative being refuses to acknowledge Wholeness and Oneness and, thus, for a time, cannot grow into the Wholeness/Oneness, which growth is the Purpose of Deity.
Therefore, the Brothers of the Shadow can, and do, reach high levels along one aspect of consciousness, and touch certain specific heights of [Page 1125] spiritual evil,
52. This is a strange expression—“heights of spiritual evil”. What is suggested is a type of evil which lies beyond form, but which is definitely identified with the third aspect of divinity.
53. The words “certain specific” suggest the use by these “Brothers of the Shadow” of the fifth ray—the ray of certainty and of specificity.
54. Elsewhere we are told that there is no such thing as ‘purely spiritual evil’.
55. We must remember that certain members of the Black Lodge (powerful members) are active on the higher mental plane and are thus focussed ‘above’ the lower three worlds (considering them as the eighteen lower subplanes). Yet the higher mental plane is still within the dense physical body of the Solar Logos and thus, metaphysically, within the field of His concrete form.
going a great way along the line of Mahat, or knowledge, the principle of Universal Mind.
56. There would be nothing wrong with this in itself, except that that which is learned is separatively turned against the Principle of Love.
57. The implication to be gathered from DK’s text is that while these highly intelligent, evil entities go “a great way along the line of Mahat”, they do not go all the way.
58. We note here that knowledge is discussed but not wisdom.
They can reach, in their later stages, expansions of consciousness and of power that will take them far beyond the confines of our solar system,
59. An amazing thought! We come to realize that they are not confined to our planet or any planet or even to our solar system.
60. In many references in A Treatise on Cosmic Fire, we learn that our solar system is confined to the cosmic physical plane. The focal point of cosmic evil (as we understand it) is the cosmic astral plane. This section of text suggests that these black magicians can function, minimally, on the cosmic astral plane. Perhaps they can also function on the lower levels of the cosmic mental plane which are under the influence of the mental unit of the Solar Logos.
61. The Forces of Light are, therefore, dealing with evil entities of vast scope and power. The average disciple is absolutely no match for them.
62. Implied in this statement is that that which we call “evil” is of much greater scope than the scope of our solar system. The problem with the third aspect of divinity and its misalignment with the second must, it seems, extend into constellational contexts, and perhaps beyond.
and give them attributes and capacities which prove a menace to the unfolding of the second Aspect.
63. The major divine task in this solar system is precisely the unfoldment of the second aspect of divinity. It is for this reason that the unfoldment of Mahat as a separative power is considered evil, at least in relation to our solar system, and, so it would seem, beyond.
64. In our solar system the Primordial Ray (the great Third Ray) strengthened by Mahat must become subservient to the Divine Ray (the Ray of Love-Wisdom).
The first group of alignments, when not balanced by the second group, is the line of the black magician;
65. It is a purely manasic alignment and strengthens the selfish will.
it will lead him eventually out of the stream of fivefold energy we call manasic on to the cosmic path of fohatic energy, the strictly mahatic.
66. His path leads from manas to Mahat. The Path of Mahat is, here we learn, the “cosmic path of fohatic energy”.
67. We are being told that the members of the Black Lodge can become Masters of certain aspects of cosmic electricity (Fohat) rendering them powerful and dangerous indeed.
68. Behind this picture of the acquisition of vast powers (even cosmically considered) lies the thought that they should not be pursuing the path to these powers.
When on that Path two directions are possible to him;
69. This following description of paths which are open to the black magician is to be taken as an informative warning.
one will keep him in touch with the natural substance aspect concerned with the cosmic incarnations of our solar Logos;
70. In other words, he will remain associated with our Solar Logos, whether he works from a point within or without our solar system.
71. The term “natural substance” is interesting as it suggests the substance of which the three lower worlds in our solar system are composed.
the other will sweep him on to that centre in the universe which is the emanating source of the mahatic principle;
72. Still greater opportunities of a negative kind seem associated with this second path.
73. It seems that there are different forms of Great Attractors. The type here referenced is purely mahatic.
74. What might that center be? Obviously DK will not reveal this as it would be of no profit to us and probably of considerable danger.
75. The term “universe” is used. It seems that the ‘Grand Entirety’ is not indicated. Probably such a mahatic center is within our galaxy and probably within the local part of our galaxy and part of the manifestation of our "One About Whom Naught May Be Said". We have been told that the destiny of the members of our Black Lodge is resolved within the system of the "One About Whom Naught May Be Said".
it is the focal point where is generated that type of energy which makes possible the dense physical manifestation of Gods and men.
76. This center then, is the generating point of all dense materiality. Those who work to strengthen the power of materialism are inspired from this source—no matter by how many removes.
In making this statement, it is necessary to bear in mind that the dense physical sheath is never considered a principle. It is ever deemed occultly evil.
77. The dense physical body is considered “occultly evil” certainly from the perspective of our Solar Logos, but does its identification with evil extend to extra systemic Beings? It seems so.
78. The center from which the energy of Mahat emanates is the sustainer of that (which in certain contexts) which must be considered the “past”. How large are such contexts? We cannot yet know. We are told a little about the history of our Solar Logos but nothing at all about the past of the Cosmic Logos of which our Solar Logos is a part.
The matter might be more simply expressed by stating that the black adept is frankly concerned with what is termed "the residue of that which earlier was."
79. This is certainly true with regard to our solar system.
80. The black magician is dealing with residues. This does not seem a very attractive prospect. It’s rather like looking for something of value in a garbage heap. It represents an alienation from the living principles of our solar system and probably of vaster systems beyond.
He responds to the vibration of the solar system of an earlier greater cycle in which the knowledge, or the manasic principle, was the goal of achievement.
81. The previous solar system is certainly implicated, but the one preceding it may also be if, indeed, our present solar system is the fifth.
82. In one respect, the black magician is severely retarded, at least with respect to the logoic agenda for our present solar system.
He does not respond to the impulse of this solar system, but this lack of response is hid in the karma of the earlier manifestation.
83. We have been told that in the previous solar system there was a rebellion. The black magician of today was probably numbered among the rebellious group. As to the cause of the rebellion, we are told that it is hidden. All such rebellion, however, must be rooted in an exercise of the will. We have been told that most black magicians are souls on the first ray—the ray of will.
In every grouping,—whether in heaven or on earth—there is always evidenced a tendency by some units in the group to revolt, to rebel and to show some form of initiative different to that of the other units in the same grouping. When our solar universe came into being, we are told in the allegorical language of the ancient scriptures, there "was war in Heaven"; "the sun and his seven brothers" did not function with true unanimity; hence (and herein lies a hint) our Earth is not one of the seven sacred planets. There is, as we know, the ancient legend of the lost Pleiad, and there are many such stories. Again, in the council chamber of the Most High, there has not always been peace and understanding, but at times, war and disruption; this is made abundantly clear by several of the stories in the Old Testament. (EP I 394)
As we know, the Sons of Mind or the incarnating jivas are the returning nirvanis of a previous logoic incarnation.
84. This statement must not be passed by superficially. In this case the “Sons of Mind” are not the human beings of the present day. They are far higher. They are, we must infer, Solar Angels. Solar Angels are the returning nirvanis of a previous logoic manifestation.
It is not unusual to think of the “Sons of Mind” as men, of human Monads, who are, in fact,
“jivas” now functioning as human beings in the second solar system. It is unusual to think of such human beings
as “returning nirvanis”. Those who are presently Solar Angels (and not men)
were the returning nirvanis.
They have achieved mind, and need love.
86. If the Sons of Mind are the Solar Angels, they have certainly developed love, perhaps on Sirius or within the Sirian System, between logoic manifestations. The extent, however, to which they may yet develop love may be considerable.
87. As for present humanity, it has not yet achieved mind in any fulness. The Solar Angels have. So men are still developing mind whereas the Solar Angels, replete with highly developed manas, are cultivating the fulness of love and are already, it would seem, far advanced in the process.
88. Should these few, who are now black magicians, have been present Solar Angels as well? The implication is there because many others temporally associated with them in that former time, are now Solar Angels!
through a mysterious cycle of events inexplainable to man in this solar system,
89. The desire to know is piqued, but knowing is apparently impossible to us. Is it impossible even to highly advanced souls in our present solar system? Or is it only inexplicable to that being called “man”?
90. This required a conscious act of will. For individualized beings, will is free.
91. If Saturn is the ‘God of Opportunity’, it may be that they rejected Saturn’s offering. Strangely, however, these beings are today very much under the ‘lower’ Saturnian vibration.
and linked themselves
92. An act of attachment…
with that great deva existence which is the impulse [Page 1126] of the dense physical, and they cannot loose themselves.
93. This deva existence, must be stupendous and perhaps of extra-systemic scope.
94. If Mahat is responsible for the dense physical plane, then this great deva existence must be linked to Mahat and its universal source, for of the source of Mahat is has been said above:
it is the focal point where is generated that type of energy which makes possible the dense physical manifestation of Gods and men
95. Since the great deva existence is “the impulse of the dense physical” the link between it and the source of Mahat is confirmed.
Their destination, as well as his, is hidden in the plans of the ONE ABOUT WHOM NAUGHT MAY BE SAID,
96. If the "One About Whom Naught May Be Said" is that "One About Whom Naught May Be Said" which is usually discussed, this whole matter takes on a intra-galactic context rather than an extra-galactic one.
97. So, it is being said, probably, that the local "One About Whom Naught May Be Said" knows the destiny of the black magicians who have linked themselves to the great deva existence above referenced.
98. We note that all letters in the “ONE ABOUT WHOM NAUGHT MAY BE SAID” are capitalized. Does this indicate an even greater OAWNMBS than the "One About Whom Naught May Be Said"?
and in this solar system there is no hope for them.
99. Since they have repudiated the main principle of this solar system (the Love-Wisdom Principle) they are cast off and cannot be integrated into the pattern in process of creation during this solar system.
Fortunately, they are little likely to make themselves known to average man;
100. Presumably, this means the average disciple as well.
it is the Adepts of the Good Law Who meet them the most often.
101. Master M. has said of the Members of the Hierarchy that the “daggers of Satan are aimed at our backs”.
102. For each level of attainment along the White Path there is generated a counterforce along the Path of Black Occultism.
103. Does this opposition rise to the very heights of the Universe? That is a question which those in this solar system are ill-equipped to answer.
The subject is most intricate,
104. If Master DK uses the qualifier “most” we can be assured that solutions to problems related to this subject are inaccessible to us as disciples.
but some light may come, if we remember that manas on the mental plane is found in two expressions:—the mental unit on the form levels and the manasic permanent atom on the formless planes. These two types of manas may be regarded as embodying the qualities of the two kinds, white and black.
105. We have quite an amazing statement here. The mental unit can be associated with the black, retrogressive stream of energy. The manasic permanent atom (even though accessible to the black initiates) is to be understood as found upon the white stream.
106. We are to understand that the practices of the black magician are relatively concrete.
The mental unit or the mind aspect of a man, for instance, is after all but the sixth sense, and has to be transcended by the higher mind and the intuition.
107. Here is a definite linking of the mental unit with the sixth sense—the common sense. This unit is, of course, of great value to progressing man—at least up to a point.
108. The seven must transcend the six. The “esoteric sense” must transcend the “common sense”/
The black brother carries the evolution of the senses on to a stage inconceivable to man now and this sixth mahatic sense is of vaster extent and service to them than it ever is to the white Adept.
109. Here we are told of the mysterious achievement of the black brother.
110. The sixth mahatic sense is related to the sixth or common sense cultivated by man.
111. This sixth sense is necessary to the black magician because the intuition (as the member of the White Lodge understands it) is inaccessible to him. Buddhi (so closely related to the divine principle under cultivation in this solar system) as the source of intuition, is inaccessible to the black brother.
Therefore, it will be apparent that for a long cycle of time, the black magician can persist and develop his powers because one-third of the force of the egoic lotus is his and he knows well how to utilise it to the best advantage.
112. We have to contrast this thought with the idea that the knowledge petal of both the love tier and the sacrifice tier is not available to the black magician.
113. That part of the force of the egoic lotus which is available to him must stem from the knowledge petals, with some contact with the manasic permanent atom.
He builds also an antaskarana,
114. Otherwise he could never develop his powers systemically and extra-systemically.
but of quality and objective different to that of the student of the white magic. It is called "the path of manasic evil," and bridges a gap between the mental unit of the magician concerned, and certain correspondences on mental levels in the vehicles of the devas of that plane.
115. This is a fascinating piece of occultism. For the true disciples of the White Brothers, the antahkarana first contacts the manasic permanent atom and then the other permanent atoms in the spiritual triad and finally the Monad itself.
116. For the black brother, the beginning of the antahkarana is the same (the mental unit).
117. Are the “mental levels” referenced those of the lower mental plane or of the higher mental plane? Since the development is along the line of Mahat, and since the black magician has access to the manasic permanent atom, we cannot dismiss the idea that the antahkaranic link may be to certain devas of the higher mental plane, but there is no certainty.
118. Given, however, the incredible cultivation of the mental unit and the of the sixth mahatic sense in the black magician, perhaps, after all, the devas into which the black antahkarana is built are to be found upon the lower mental plane.
119. The link built is, therefore, not to his own deeper and higher nature but into the deva kingdom. This is literally a ‘spiritual eccentricity’—the black magician flees his own center.
Through this medium, and through identification with the devas, he can escape from the three worlds to spheres of evil incomprehensible to us.
120. This is another extraordinary statement. So much depends upon what is meant by “the three worlds”. From the solar logoic point of view, the higher mental plane is included. From the point of view of the Planetary Logos, the higher mental plane is excluded.
121. The point to be grasped is that the black magician identifies with the devas and not with the normal path with which human beings identify—that of the Heavenly Man and of the Grand Heavenly Man.
122. The escape of the black magicians must minimally lead to the cosmic astral plane, but does it include the cosmic ethers?
The point to be remembered here is that the black magician remains ever a prisoner; he cannot escape from substance and from form.
123. Thus he is subject to severe limitation. He lives under the influence of the lower aspect of Saturn when confined to this solar system. Perhaps, when he penetrates beyond it, he is subject to a higher correspondence of Saturn.
There is no need to enlarge further on this subject.
124. DK has given us more than has ever been given elsewhere. What He has given almost exceeds our need to know. Perhaps it does.
I would like to enumerate the lines of alignment of the [Page 1127] third group which eventually transcends the other two, and effects the final illumination and liberation of the man.
125. We remember that only two lines have been thus far given—the manasic/mahatic and the buddhic. Rightly aspiring man is clearly tending towards the buddhic line.
1. The Sacrifice Petals.
2. The sacrifice petals in the two outer groups.
126. The conduit for sacrifice runs through the two outer circles. There are five sacrifice petals in all. While in the main body of the egoic lotus there are nine petals (exclusive of the innermost three), there are really fifteen petals when the petals are associated with the aspects they represent. Obviously, certain petals do double service.
3. The three major centres in each of the three planes of the three worlds, producing thus absorption of the lower four centres on each plane.
127. On the etheric plane and astral plane, there is a head, heart and throat center. But what can we say of the mental plane? Thus, far, on the higher mental plane, there is no head, heart and throat center, unless we think of the three tiers as substituting for these three. This is reasonable.
128. From this point of view, the synthesis petals and "Jewel" would relate to the innermost structure of the head center—the twelve petalled major center in the head center and the "Jewel" in the midst of the crown.
4. The head centre, or the thousand-petalled lotus.
129. It would seem that the head center would also be listed under point “3.”.
5. The pineal gland, producing the vivification and irradiation of the entire lower nature.
130. Here we have a description of the pineal gland which is arresting. Without the pineal gland there is no vivification and irradiation of the lower nature. The pineal gland is the physical organ of the Ego.
131. Of course, the real source of the vivification and irradiation of the entire lower nature is the Monad itself and the pineal gland is presumably the physical organ not only of the soul but of the Monad, just as the soul (which stimulates the pineal gland) is the instrument of the Monad.
These three groups of forces in man, when synthesised, produce eventually that perfect co-ordination and adaptation to all conditions, forms and circumstances which eventuate in the escape of the liberated vital spark.
132. From one perspective we can consider this escape as occurring at the fourth initiation, but this is only the first phase of escape.
133. From another perspective, the escape can be conceived as occurring at the seventh initiation, when the “vital spark” or “volatile essence” escapes from the monadic vehicle altogether and finds its way onto the logoic plane.
134. The Buddha and the Christ have, it seems, made this escape—at least partially.
This is technically accomplished when the "bud" opens,
135. The opening of the bud occurs after the third initiation. The Hierophant stimulates or works with monadic energy at and following the third initiation.
136. Yet the true first stage of the escape of the “volatile essence” cannot occur before the fourth degree.
and it becomes possible for the Hierophant at initiation to liberate the energy of the Monad,
137. Via the third type of alignment given…
138. Is the energy liberated to descend into the egoic lotus and the personality, or is the vital spark encapsulated within the "Jewel in the Lotus" liberated to ascend towards the spiritual triad. If we are speaking or the third initiation, the first option seems more reasonable as the volatile essence in the "Jewel in the Lotus" cannot be liberated from the egoic lotus until the fourth initiation is taken.
and to direct that energy
139. Monadic energy…
(through the agency of the Rod) so that eventually it circulates free and untrammelled through every part of the lower threefold manifestation.
140. We are speaking of the free circulation of monadic energy through every aspect of the lower threefold manifestation. The Rod of Power assists in this liberation.
141. Here it seems confirmed that monadic power is liberated to circulate throughout the lower threefold manifestation. When the process begins, the monadic energy encased within the "Jewel in the Lotus" is not liberated from the egoic lotus. Only later at the fourth degree is this so.
142. Note the word, “eventually” however, because it is not until the fifth degree that one has a perfect flow of kundalini throughout the human energy system.
As it circulates, it destroys by burning, for it arouses the kundalini aspect perfectly by the time the fifth Initiation is taken.
143. We see that the arousal of the kundalini (in its final phases—its perfect arousal) depends upon the wielding of the Rod of Power. Lawfully, kundalini must rise in coordination with the liberation of the monadic energy and not independently as an artificial, hyper-stimulation of the third aspect.
144. Buy the time of the perfect arousal of kundalini, there is no causal body in the energy system.
The destroyer aspect becomes dominated, and the form is "burnt upon the altar."
145. Are we speaking of the domination of the destroyer aspect of matter? There is such an aspect and it was this to which Hitler and His group responded.
146. In a certain sense, it seems that we are speaking of the dominating power of the destroyer aspect.
147. In any case, fire descends from heaven, and all that is obstructive in the lower form is consigned to the flames so that monadic energy may freely circulate through all aspects of the man and eventually be liberated into the spiritual triad and finally into the Monad on the monadic plane.
These ideas can also be studied in their larger aspect; a clue to the mystery of cosmic evil may be found in the difference existing between the sacred and non-sacred planets, and in the purpose and place, hitherto unrecognised, of the lives of the informing existences of the many planets and planetoids in the solar system. Some are purely mahatic or of the third Aspect, dominated by the devas.
148. A tremendous hint is here given. Various references tell us that the Solar Logos has a mental unit just as a man has. Of course, the Solar Logos also has a manasic permanent atom.
149. There is a correlation between the mental unit, certain devas, Mahat and cosmic evil.
150. There is a war on Earth (one of the non-sacred planets) to wrest control from the devas and thus from the third aspect of divinity.
151. We do live in a largely devic solar system, and this, in itself, is not evil. But the devas which are intended for prominence in our solar system are of the solar variety and not of the retrogressive ‘lunar’ variety.
152. As our Solar Logos undergoes the third cosmic initiation, the power of the solar logoic will begin to be liberated and as the Logos moves towards His fifth initiation, the analogous liberative burning will occur. Solar logoic kundalini has not yet been fully and liberatively awakened and released.
Others (of which the sacred planets are examples) are controlled by the second Aspect,
153. On Earth, the war is between the second and third aspects, between the manasic permanent atom and the mental unit.
154. Venus is one of the sacred planets on which the second aspect of divinity is definitely dominating. An earlier “war” on that planet (of which our earthly “war” is a present reflection) was won.
and that second aspect will work through unconquerably into manifestation.
155. There is no resisting the triumph of the second aspect of divinity. We are in the midst of the struggle now and what happens with the planetary scheme of Earth has important solar systemic implications for the successful release of the Solar Logos.
156. It seems to be inferred that on a number of these sacred planets the second aspect of divinity has not yet conquered entirely.
[Page 1128] A few, like our Earth planet, are battlegrounds,
157. Is Mars a battleground or destined to be one? What about Pluto?
and the two Aspects are in collision, with the indication of the eventual triumph of the "white" magic.
158. There is already an “indication” of impending third cosmic initiation of our Solar Logos will produce results in our solar system akin to those to be produced within our Earth-scheme when the Planetary Logos of Earth takes His next major initiation and the "Judgment Day" occurs.
159. One of the major battles between white and black magic will occur during the seventh ray Age of Aquarius. Many manasic magicians will return and their work will have to be balanced by those who have attained in the field of white magic.