Fellowship of Cosmic Fire
Commentary Semester IX Section IV
TCF 1112-1116 S9S4 Part II
Most of the Tibetan’s text is put in font 16, to provide better legibility when projected during classes. Footnotes and references from other AAB Books and from other pages of TCF are put in font 14. Commentary appears in font 12. Underlining, Bolding and Highlighting by MDR)
It is suggested that this Commentary be read with the TCF book handy, for the sake of continuity. As analysis of the text is pursued, many paragraphs are divided, and the compact presentation in the book, itself, will convey the overall meaning of the paragraph. So please read an entire paragraph and then study the Commentary
The permanent atoms of the Spiritual Triad, as well as the bodies which are built around them,
1. From what point in the evolutionary process are such bodies actually built? Do they exist from the outset when the permanent atoms around which they are organized are chosen by the Monad, or are they built only later? Certainly they are “coordinated” only later.
bring in certain groups of deva lives which have not as yet been much considered.
2. One can, therefore, presume that the higher permanent atoms are an important source of energy streams into the egoic lotus.
3. Of what nature are the deva lives here mentioned and how are they related to the Creative Hierarchies which express upon the buddhic and atmic planes?
4. We will continue the exploration we began in the previous commentary.
They are not the lunar pitris, as that term is commonly understood, but have a direct connection with what is called "the cosmic moon" or to that dying solar system which has the same relation to our system as the moon has to the earth chain.
5. We are into some fascinating occultism here. The high substantial lives upon triadal levels are not lunar pitris but do carry a vibration analogous to the ‘lunar’ vibration. They are related to a dying solar system or “cosmic moon”. DK draws the analogy to our Moon which is apparently part of the Earth-scheme.
6. From one perspective, we can wonder whether this “cosmic moon” is a type of burnt-out Sun, the vestige of that which served as a Sun in the previous solar system.
7. If the cosmic moon under discussion has the same relation to our present solar system as our Moon has to the Earth-scheme, then it is a deleterious, retrogressive influence.
8. We have to determine to what extent this previous solar system is dying. Apparently there are some residual lives still living within it.
9. Perhaps the Monad did not play a very important part in the previous solar system. Perhaps the triadal lives represented the heights of attainment.
10. In any case, because these deva lives are located on triadal levels, they cannot be considered as primitive as the lunar lives who express within the lower three worlds.
This "cosmic [Page 1113] moon" transmits its energy to the manasic atomic subplane, via the planet Saturn.
11. This is so incredibly important. The “cosmic moon” still has energy, it seems, and is still active. Our own Moon has no true radiation of its own, we are told, but this does not seem to be the case for the “cosmic moon”.
“Another point which should here be noted is that the influence of the moon is purely symbolic in nature and in effect and is simply the result of ancient thought and teaching (descended to us from Lemurian times) and is not based upon any true radiation or influence. In those far off times, antedating even Lemuria and constituting in Lemurian days simply an ancient tradition, the moon appeared to be a living vital entity. But I would have you bear definitely in mind that today the moon is nothing more than a dead form. It has no emanation and no radiation of any kind and, therefore, has no effect of any kind. The moon, from the angle of the esoteric knower, is simply an obstruction in space—an undesirable form which must some day disappear. In esoteric astrology, the effect of the moon is noted as a thought effect and as the result of a powerful and most ancient thoughtform; nevertheless, the moon has no quality of her own and can transmit nothing to the Earth. Let me reiterate: The moon is a dead form; it has no emanation at all. That is why the moon is spoken of in the ancient teaching as "veiling either Vulcan or Uranus." This hint or inference has always been here and astrologers would do well to experiment with this suggestion I have made anent the moon and (instead of working with the moon) let them work with Vulcan when dealing with the undeveloped or average man and with Uranus when considering the highly developed man. They would find some interesting and convincing results eventuate”. (EA 13)
12. The influences under discussion are not negligible in the life of man because the first (higher) anchor of the antahkarana (the manasic permanent atom) is under stimulation from both the “cosmic moon” and Saturn.
13. When thinking of the manasic permanent atom we must always think of its connection to the planet Saturn. As well, Saturn has a connection to the atmic plane and to the atmic permanent atom.
14. When considering Saturn and Uranus, it is always difficult to determine whether Uranus or Saturn should be related to the manasic permanent atom or the atmic permanent atom. It would seem that, to an extent, it is right to relate both planets to each of these permanent atoms.
It is a triple energy and there is an esoteric connection between this triple energy, and Saturn's rings.
15. Saturn receives a triple energy from the “cosmic moon”. The rings of Saturn, considered the symbol of limitation, are related to this triple ancient energy. Saturn, too, is a planet always deeply associated with the number three—and its monadic ray (as well perhaps as its soul ray) is the third.
16. We might consider the influence of the “cosmic moon” as one of the channels for the third ray into our solar system.
17. It is interesting that astronomy may be in the process of discovering more than three rings to Saturn.
Saturn is best known for its elaborate ring system. They're made of icy particles orbiting the planet. The rings have distinct divisions, and astronomers have separate designations for each of Saturn's rings. But how many rings does Saturn have?
The question is actually impossible to answer. Saturn has more than a dozen rings and gaps within the rings – and more are being discovered by spacecraft like NASA's Cassini. But the planet does have several major ring systems and gaps within them.
The two densest parts of the rings are the A and B rings, separated by the Cassini Division, and then the C Ring. So, is that 3 rings, or 4? Whatever the case, these comprise Saturn's main rings.
After the 3 main rings, you have the smaller, dusty rings: the D Ring, G Ring, E Ring, and others beyond that. There's also the F Ring, which is just outside the A Ring.
That's 3 main rings and 5 dusty rings for a total of 8 rings, 9 if you count the Cassini Division.
But there are even more rings around Saturn. There's the Janus Ring, the Methone Ring Arc, the Anthe Ring Arc and the Pallene Ring, as well as the Roche Division. 4 more rings and another division.
That brings us to 12 rings and 2 divisions.
But then there are also smaller divisions and gaps within the various rings that would bring the total to more than 30 (the Encke Gap, the Huygens Gap, the Dawes Gap, and many more).
To answer the question, how many rings does Saturn have, you really need to find out how closely you're looking. From what you might be able to see, there are 3 rings. With powerful telescopes, you can make out 8 rings. And with spacecraft like Cassini orbiting Saturn, that total rises above 30.
Written by Fraser Cain
18. The connection here discussed is, however, “esoteric”. Perhaps we will not be incorrect if we imagine that the principle of limitation which Saturn often represents is related to this ancient energy and its rings.
19. We must ask, however, whether the triple energy of this ancient “cosmic moon” is related to the planet Saturn per se, or to the perhaps more ancient material gathered around the planet in the form of rings.
The old Commentary expresses this truth about an interesting group of sons of manas as follows:
"These Sons of mind clung to the old and dying form, and refused to leave their Mother.
20. Who are these “Sons of mind”? It is far from entirely clear. If they are “brothers” of Saturn (as we will later see), they could well be Planetary Logoi of a lesser kind. Or they could be lesser forms of life such a human beings.
21. From the Old Commentary, we consider the immediately previous solar system to be a “Mother” system. Through its third ray, Saturn is closely related to the “Mother aspect” but through its first ray, to the “Father aspect”.
They chose to pass into dissolution with her
22. Because they “chose” these “Sons of Mind” or “brothers” of Saturn were certainly self-conscious.
23. Such a choice would have represented a major solar systemic retrogression.
24. Could such “brothers” be those minor Planetary Logoi that ensoul the minor non-sacred planets (or planetoids) within our solar system? Could these Beings have ensouled those orbs we now call the moons of Saturn, Jupiter and Uranus etc., or those very minor planets associated with Pluto and beyond the orbit of Pluto? Are the asteroids related to these “brothers” who had thought to pass into dissolution with the Mother?
25. Such a retrogressive attitude, we may infer, is as unhealthy for great Beings as it is for the human being.
but a younger son (Saturn) sought to rescue his brothers, and to this end he built a triple bridge between the old and new.
26. One wonders whether the three triadal principles of man could have been transferred into this solar system via this bridge. These three principles are still to be found within the realm of solar systemic Brahma. Thus are not found ‘above’ the atmic plane.
27. We remember that Saturn is associated with the first part of the antahkarana. We understand, from the “triple bridge” it created, Saturn’s relationship to the antahkarana process.
28. It may be useful to realize that three energy “threads” unite in man, connecting the lower man to his highest principles. These threads are the sutratma, the antahkarana and the creative thread.
29. To whom or to what is Saturn as a “son”? Could we say that He is a younger “son” to the Solar Logos? This does seem to be the case.
30. When we think of the “brothers” of Saturn, must we think of them as His peers, or can we think of them as much younger “brothers”—even as human Monads? It is possible, after all, that without the agency of Saturn, not only minor Planetary Logoi, but human Monads of a certain kind could have been trapped within the confines of the previous solar system.
This bridge persists, and forms a path whereon escape is possible.
31. Is DK telling us that even now the “bridge persists? Have not all lives who could make their escape, already made their escape?
32. When DK tells us that escape is still possible, it is hard to believe that human Monads are among those who can still make their escape. Whether such Monads are still making their escape can be debated, but it would seem that lesser forms of life still composing the matter/substance of that decaying solar system also have the opportunity to make escape, and may still need to make such an escape, even though such escape may be unconscious. We must remember that in the chronology of Trans-Himalayan Occultism, the previous solar system ended many trillions of years ago.
33. We can see Saturn’s function as a kind of antahkarana between dense physical planes, which cosmically, are not principled, and those levels which (from a cosmic perspective) are. Saturn then serves as a kind of bridge between cosmic density and cosmic ether. From the cosmic planetary perspective (i.e., considering our Planetary Logos as a cosmic Being), the higher mental plane can be considered a kind of fourth ether. Saturn acts as a bridge to the systemic higher mental plane where Venus presides.
34. And certainly the reflection of this bridge persists today within our solar system.
Some escaped and came to the help of the incarnating Sons of Mind who had left the Mother for the Father. The greater gulf was bridged. The lesser gulf persisted, and must be bridged by the living Sons of Mind themselves."
(This latter clause, refers to the building of the antaskarana.)
35. We must focus carefully on the types of B/beings implicated in this discussion.
36. From one perspective, we could interpret the “incarnating Sons of Mind” as human beings who had individualized in the previous solar system. Those who escaped via the bridge could be the Solar Angels who are presently helping humanity evolve. Perhaps they, especially, help those who had ancient ties to the Mother (the previous solar system).
37. We do feel our Solar Angel trying to wean us away from tendencies prominent during the previous solar system and, later, during the Moon-chain.
38. The “great gulf” was that which existed between the previous and present solar system.
39. The “lesser” gulf exists between the dense physical body of the Planetary Logos (His cosmically unprincipled subplanes) and the three subplanes of the higher mental plane. Another but higher “lesser” gulf exists between the lower twenty subplanes (including the two lower subplanes of the higher mental plane) and the atomic level of the higher mental plane—the lowest point of the spiritual triad.
The energy transmitted from the manasic permanent atom of each incarnating jiva,
40. The incarnating jiva can be considered triple even though, essentially, it is the Monad pure and simple.
41. From one perspective, it almost seems as if the “incarnating jiva” is the spiritual triad—in extension. Certainly the spiritual triad is part of each incarnating jiva or the jiva could not have a manasic permanent atom.
its union with its reflection, the energy of the mental unit,
42. Are we here saying that the mental unit is the reflection of the manasic permanent atom? It seems reasonable.
and the triple stream of force thus created on the mental plane,
43. It appears that when the manasic permanent atom is united to the mental unit a triple stream of force is created on the mental plane. We can think of this triple stream as consisting of the antahkarana, the sutratma and the creative thread.
44. We might also consider that the triple stream represents the personality, the soul and the Monad. In one way, the sutratma representatives the Monad; the antahkarana represents the soul; and the creative thread, the personality.
45. The mental unit, then, is to be considered the “reflection” of the manasic permanent atom. The manasic permanent atom has three spirillae and the mental unit has four. We have, however, to determine in exactly what manner the mental unit is considered the reflection of the manasic permanent atom.
46. Another triple stream of force can be considered the manasic permanent atom, the mental unit and the “Son of Mind”.
47. If from a larger perspective, Venus represents the manasic permanent atom and Earth the mental unit, we have to determine in what manner Earth is or is intended to be the reflection of Venus.
has its planetary reflection in the relation of Saturn to another planetary scheme, and the three rings which are energy rings, and symbols of an inner verity.
48. From a certain perspective, Saturn can be considered the symbol of the manasic permanent atom; Venus the symbol of the Ego manifesting through the egoic lotus; and the Earth as the symbol of the mental unit.
49. The other planetary scheme here mentioned could be none other than the Earth as the symbol of the mental unit. (We know of the close relation between Saturn and the Earth—Saturn as the mental body and Earth, the physical body of a great Third Ray Entity.) Sometimes Venus is said to represent the manasic permanent atom and Earth the mental unit.
50. The “inner verity” is an inner structural truth. The antahkarana is a inner structural truth, and it is threefold.
51. DK seems to be likening the rings of Saturn to the threefold nature of the antahkarana. He specifies most potently that the rings are “energy rings”, just as the antahkarana is to be considered a bridge of energy—a threefold bridge.
52. We could make a comparison as follows:
Manasic permanent atom
Rings of Saturn
53. We are now discussing a number of energy-streams which impact the knowledge petals of the egoic lotus.
a. Energy also pours in upon the knowledge petals from the egoic group,
54. We have earlier read of how energy from the three lower worlds influences the knowledge petals. Now we read of a much higher form of influence upon them—the influence arising from the members of any Ego’s egoic group.
or from the aggregated knowledge petals of all the other lotuses in the group affiliated with any particular solar Angel.
55. It would seem that that knowledge content of one egoic group influences the knowledge content of any particular Ego or Solar Angel within that group.
These groups have been earlier dealt with.
56. Increasingly, and on the physical plane, it becomes possible to meet and interact with those who are part of the content of one’s egoic group.
b. Energy is transmitted also to the petals [the knowledge petals] via the groups and emanations from those planetary schemes and streams of force which form the outer petals of that great centre which is our solar system, and which we are told is seen from the higher planes as a twelve-petalled lotus.
57. We are speaking of the energy transmitted from various sources to the knowledge petals of the egoic lotus.
58. We have read of transmission to these petals from the personality level and also from the knowledge petals of other Egos in an egoic group related to the soul/Solar Angel/egoic lotus in question. Now we read of transmission from certain “planetary schemes” which form the outer petals of the great lotus of our solar system. Some planetary schemes are more closely allied with the knowledge nature of the Solar Logos than with His love or will nature, and it is of these planetary schemes we are speaking.
59. We can imagine, that Mars and Pluto are numbered among such schemes. Probably the schemes which we are discussing are not sacred schemes.
60. It is important to note that our solar system is perceived from higher planes as a “twelve-petalled lotus”. This confirms the nature of our solar system as a heart center.
61. We may ask, “In which greater Being is our Solar Logos a heart center.” The Teaching tells us it is the "One About Whom Naught May Be Said", but again, we must ask which "One About Whom Naught May Be Said" and what is the scope of such a Being—a 'Constellational Logos' or a 'Super-Constellational Logos'?
These streams [Page 1114] do not emanate from the seven sacred planets but from other planetary bodies within the solar Ring-Pass-Not.
62. The idea suggested above is confirmed. The rays of the sacred planets do not focally stimulate the knowledge petals of the human egoic lotus.
63. We must remember that there are many planetary bodies within our solar ring-pass-not and through only a relatively few is a sacred Planetary Logos in process of expressing.
Streams of force from the Sacred Planets play upon the central tier of petals.
64. Sacred planets have achieved a developed soul consciousness and thus, correspondingly, they affect the petals of the egoic lotus which most fully represent the nature and quality of the Ego/soul manifesting through egoic lotus.
65. It would seem impossible that at least some influence of sacred planets would not play upon the knowledge petals, as well, because some influence of such planets is necessarily involved in the types of experiences through which all human beings must pass when, for millions of years, they are involved in the unfoldment of the knowledge petals. Also, all human beings are born in or under all signs of the zodiac during that very length period and are thus influenced by such sacred Logoi as those manifesting through the planets Vulcan, Jupiter, Saturn, Mercury, Venus, Neptune and Uranus.
66. What I am trying to say is that human beings pass through perhaps twenty million years of experience that relates to the development of their three personality vehicles and, eventually, to the development of the personality itself. It is inconceivable that the seven sacred planets would not be influential during such a lengthy process, even though the human being’s response to such sacred planets would, for the vast majority of that time, be a non-sacred response.
67. Probably the unfoldment of the central tier, however, is especially dependent upon streams of force directed from the sacred planets.
68. In general, we must agree that even sacred planets can have non-sacred effects. Vulcan, for instance, rules so many of the force patterns associated with the instinctual nature; Venus can indicate primitive magnetism between forms; Mercury can indicate the growth of early mentality; Jupiter may represent simply the urge to incorporate and to grow thereby; and certainly the hard effects of Saturn are present in the very hard karmic experiences through which primitive man must pass.
69. The first twenty million years, of so, are, on the average, concerned with the development of the outer tier—the knowledge petals.
Herein lies a hint to the wise student, and a clue to the nature of the lower aspect of the solar Angel.
70. In this text, the Solar Angel is closely associated with the petals of the egoic lotus. We must remember, however, that the Solar Angel remains even after its vehicle of manifestation on the higher mental plane is destroyed.
71. If we look at the egoic lotus as the embodiment of the Solar Angel, then the knowledge petals represent the “lower aspect of the solar Angel”.
72. It becomes clear that the lower nature of the Solar Angel (manifesting through the egoic lotus) is to be associated primarily with non-sacred planets. Another way of saying this is that the knowledge petals are particularly stimulated by the non-sacred planets.
73. We could take Earth, Mars and Pluto and trace their role in the development of the knowledge petals. There are other non-sacred planets which are also involved—for instance, the ones veiled by the Sun and the Moon.
74. It is difficult to give a one-to-one assignment of these three non-sacred planets to the first three petals and all of them are involved in the processes of all petals.
75. Two possible sequences could be: Mars, Earth, Pluto or Earth, Mars, Pluto.
The Love Wisdom Petals.
We note that what are usually called the “Love Petals” are here
”Love Wisdom Petals”. This is significant.
The streams of energy playing upon and through this second tier of petals closely resemble those already dealt with, but originate in differing groups of lives (lunar and solar).
77. We are searching for the original of certain energy streams playing through the three tiers of the egoic lotus.
78. We have an interesting statement above: the origin of some of these streams affecting the central tier of petals are lunar as well as solar. May we say that the astral body of the personality is connected to the love-wisdom petals? Sometimes these petals are called the “Petals of Love for the Astral Plane”.
a. The lowest form of energy, reaching this circle, emanates from the lower self, via the astral permanent atom, and the second petal of the outer tier.
79. Here we are given an important energy stream of influence, ascending, as it were, from ‘below’:
a. From the astral permanent atom
b. To the love petal in the knowledge tier
c. To the second tier of petals as a whole
It is transmuted astral energy;
80. We have the energy of the second tier of petals—the love-wisdom petals—called “transmuted astral energy”.
81. Only transmuted astral energy can find its way into the egoic lotus.
82. We can infer that along the stream of energy connecting the astral plane with the buddhic plane, the energies of the second tier are to be found in an intermediate position.
it is more powerful than its correspondence in the first tier,
83. Since the astral plane is the most coherent and powerful plane in our astral-buddhic solar system, the tier of petals fed by the astral plane is correspondingly the most powerful in the egoic lotus. We are being told here that it is more powerful than the knowledge tier.
owing to the inherent nature of the astral body, and the fact that it is augmented by the energy of the outer tier itself.
84. Not only does the astral body feed the love tier, but the knowledge tier does so as well (especially one petal of the knowledge tier)—thus greatly augmenting the strength of the love tier.
This is one of the factors which brings about the more rapid progress made towards the close of the evolutionary period.
85. We are being told that knowledge feeds love-wisdom. This type of dynamic can be associated with the planet Venus.
86. Towards the close of the evolutionary period, aspiration must be very keen and propulsive of the evolutionary process.
There are certain streams of force in the evolution of the Monad which might be regarded as embodying for it the line of least resistance and they are specifically beginning at the lowest:
87. In the following we are looking for the line of least resistance for monadic influence—regardless of the ray of the Monad.
a. Emanations from the vegetable kingdom.
88. The Monad is ‘located’ on the second subplane (from ‘above’) of the cosmic physical plane and the vegetable kingdom is the second kingdom—hence the resonance and the communicating lines of influence.
b. Astral energy.
89. Astral energy is focussed on the second subplane of the cosmic physical plane (counting from ‘below’). The Monad is focused on the second subplane of the cosmic physical plane counting from ‘above’.
c. The energy of the second circle of petals.
90. Again, the resonance occurs through the number two.
d. Buddhic force.
91. Buddhi is the sixth principle and the Monad is focused on the sixth subplane of the cosmic physical plane counting from ‘below’.
92. Jupiter, a planet expressing the second ray through its soul nature, is one of the rules of the buddhic plane. It is also the principal ruler of the monadic plane—hence a line of communication is established.
e. The activity of the second Logos, planetary or solar.
93. The “second Logos” of our solar system is Vishnu, the expression of the second aspect of solar logoic Divinity. The second Planetary Logos may well be considered Venus, the monadic ray of which is both the sixth (the sub-monadic ray) and the second.
This is, of course, only true of this solar system, being the system of regenerative love.
94. We are given an important name for our solar system—the “system of regenerative love”. We can imagine that Pluto plays its role in this regeneration through its relationship with Venus. The second ray soul of the Planetary Logos of Earth is also deeply involved.
95. Note that both Earth and Pluto (which are related in various other ways) are planets of regeneration.
b. Another form of influencing energy originates in the inner circle of petals, which is the focal point [Page 1115] of force for the Monad, considered as atma.
96. We continue to speak of the influences which impact the central tier of petals—the love-wisdom petals.
97. Influences from the sacrifice petals, thus, influence the second tier.
98. The sacrifice petals focalize monadic influence as that influence is represented by atma. The force of the Monad can, we see, be considered as “atma”—spiritual will.
It must be pointed out that the streams of force which form the "petals of will" have a dynamic activity and (when in action) produce very rapid unfoldment.
99. Not only does the human being influenced by the will petals evolve rapidly, but the petals themselves unfold far more rapidly than any of the other petals in the two lower tiers.
100. The first aspect of divinity is dynamic. We are dealing here with the type of energy which is released during the period when the human being is undergoing initiation. We realize that there is much first ray in the process of initiation.
101. The streams of energy which influence the petals of will might be considered particularly atmic and are thus related to the Monad. Atma is the principle of man most closely related to the Monad.
It is the inner of the two types of force;
102. DK seems to be speaking of the force of the love-wisdom petals and the force of the sacrifice petals. In this case the sacrifice petals are the inner of two types of forces.
their mutual interplay provides the necessary stimulus, and results in the opening of the bud and the revelation of the Jewel.
103. When love-wisdom and sacrifice interplay, an energy is produced which leads to the opening of the inner bud of three synthesis petals and to the revelation of the "Jewel in the Lotus".
104. We have been told that each of the synthesis petals opens to a degree at one of the first three initiations. We are learning that love-wisdom and will open the synthesis petals. The synthesis petals, themselves, are also to be considered energy centers. Their radiation becomes most effective in the life of the man who has taken the third initiation.
The other types of energy [inclusive of triadal energies] find their correspondence with those already enumerated
105. One of the interpretations of this sentence is that in each tier of petals there is a correspondence to one of the three complete tiers.
106. From another perspective, each of the three major energies of the spiritual triad finds its particular correspondence in one of the three tiers of petals of the egoic lotus and in one of the petals of each tier.
but I seek only to mention one of them,—that one [type of energy] which reaches the second tier of love petals, via the buddhic permanent atom.
107. This is a very important connection. Love from ‘above’ (buddhic) and love from ‘below’ (astral), and both contribute to the unfoldment of these central petals.
The energy thus originating is of a peculiarly interesting kind being the basic energy of all manifestation, and the sum total of the forces which form the sevenfold heart of the physical sun, and which are located within its sheltering luminosity.
108. Again, a profoundly occult statement.
109. Since buddhic energy emanates from the fourth cosmic ether it is responsible for all that manifests in the three lower worlds. This is because a number of chakras of the Solar Logos and Planetary Logos (lower chakras, and vortices which represent higher chakras) are found on this fourth cosmic physical subplane. We have the analogy in the manner in which the chakras found upon the fourth systemic ether are responsible for manifestation as it occurs within the three densest of the systemic subplanes.
110. Note, however, that we are not dealing here with the Heart of the Sun per se, but with the sevenfold heart of the physical sun.
111. Where is the etheric heart center of the Solar Logos to be found? Is it on the buddhic plane or on the monadic plane (which seems analogically necessary if one studies the positioning of the chakras of man on TCF Chart VIII)?
112. Where is the heart center of the physical sun? It would have to be a physical location would it not—at least from the solar logoic point of view? If physical, it would have to be located within the physical body of the Solar Logos which is comprised of the three lowest subplanes of the cosmic physical plane, including the higher mental plane on which all tiers of petals are located.
113. So we must ask whether DK in this section of text is discussing only the energies of the fourth cosmic ether or whether the energies of the higher mental plane (those energies resonantly related to the buddhic plane) are also and pointedly being discussed.
114. We also seek to know the degree to which the planet Vulcan is related to the “sevenfold heart of the physical sun”. It would seem that Vulcan is very much located within its (the physical sun’s) sheltering luminosity.
They [probably energies from the love petals and the energy from the buddhic permanent atom] in their turn are transmitters of the life-impulses from the heart of the central Spiritual Sun,
115. If the Central Spiritual Sun is the Monad of the Solar Logos, then the “heart of the central Spiritual Sun” is the Heart of the Sun on the cosmic mental plane—the soul nature of the Solar Logos.
116. If, however, the Central Spiritual Sun is considered the point in the heavens around which our solar system revolves, then we are dealing with a Source far more remote, and the heart of such a Central Spiritual Sun would be far greater than the Heart of the Sun as usually considered.
117. The greater probability is the first option, with the energy of the Heart of the Sun transmitting to the buddhic plane and thence of the love-wisdom tier of the egoic lotus.
so that we have a direct graded chain of transmitting energies.
a. The Heart of the central Spiritual Sun.
118. Although the heart of the true Central Spiritual Sun (either the Pleiades or Alcyone as the representative of the Pleiades) is probably involved in this chain of transmission—ultimately—it is probable that the “Heart of the central Spiritual Sun” (here referenced) is the Heart of the Sun on the cosmic mental plane and not a still more remote or higher Source.
b. The sevenfold heart of the physical Sun.
119. Much depends on whether the term “physical” includes the cosmic ethers. If the term means simply densely physical, the “sevenfold heart of the physical Sun” must be located within the lowest twenty-one systemic subplanes.
c. The buddhic devas
120. Notice that DK refers here to the “buddhic devas” (the Agnisuryans) and not to the buddhic permanent atom.
121. It would seem very probable that the Christ would have in His retinue many buddhic devas.
122. The three sources just mentioned are all ‘above’ the dense physical vehicle of the Solar Logos.
d. The central circle of petals.
e. The astral permanent atom.
f. The heart centre within the Head.
123. By this center we probably mean the major heart center within the head center.
124. These three sources are all within the dense physical vehicle of the Solar Logos.
g. The heart centre.
125. We have been given a sevenfold transmission of great value and should commit it to memory. There may be some points missing from the transmission. One such point might be that one of the seven lesser head centers which corresponds to the heart center between the shoulder blades.
126. Learning the resonant lines of energy transmission will be of great value for inducing the energy-flows concerned through the use of the creative imagination.
This buddhic energy is the sumtotal of the life force of Vishnu or the Son, Who is the transmitter and representative of a still greater cosmic Deity.
127. There is a way in which our entire Solar Logos can be considered as Vishnu, and not just the Second Person of the logoic Trinity.
128. This “still greater cosmic Deity” is probably along the Sirian line—either the Logos Who expresses through the star Sirius, or through the threefold constellation Sirius (Sirius A, Sirius B and Sirius C), or through the "Seven Solar Systems of Which Ours is One" which may, from a certain perspective, be considered the ‘Sirian System’.
129. It is clear that we are speaking of a second ray transmission.
All the above serves to demonstrate the oneness of the tiniest unit with the one great informing Life, and shows the integral beauty of the scheme.
130. No unit can be permanently excommunicated from the Whole.
The life of the greatest cosmic Lord of Love
131. And Who is that Lord? Is it the Logos of Orion, or the Lord of the "Seven Solar Systems of Which Ours is One"? The word “greatest” has been used and one might infer that this use could justifiably raise our speculation to the galactic level as we search for the identity of the “greatest cosmic Lord of Love”.
pulsates in infinitesimal degree [Page 1116] in the heart of His tiniest reflection,
132. A holographic universe is suggest. We are dealing principally with the buddhic energy—and its still higher Source. We are told that buddhi lies at the heart of the tiniest atom of substance.
“They are, therefore, one and all an expression of His love nature, and it is for this reason that buddhi is found at the heart of the tiniest atom, or what we call in this system, electric fire. For the positive central life of every form is but an expression of cosmic buddhi, and the downpouring of a love which has its source in the Heart of the Solar Logos; this is itself an emanating principle from the ONE ABOVE OUR LOGOS, HE OF WHOM NAUGHT MAY BE SAID”. (TCF 1225-1226)
133. We note above the identicality of buddhi and electric fire—at least in this second ray solar system. Is there then no pure electric fire within our system? Probably not.
134. The tiniest particle may be the tiniest reflection of the greatest Lord of Love. The galaxy may be reflected in the tiniest particle.
and for this reason the atom man can likewise say "I too am God; His Life is mine."
135. It becomes clear that one of our prime objectives is attainment of buddhic awareness so that we may know our identicality with the Great Logoi in Whom we live and move and have our being.