Fellowship of Cosmic Fire
Commentary Semester VII Section X
TCF 853-857 : S7S10 Part I
1 – 17 August 2008
(Most of the Tibetan’s text is put in font 16, to provide better legibility when projected during classes. Footnotes and references from other AAB Books and from other pages of TCF are put in font 14. Commentary appears in font 12. Underlining, Bolding and Highlighting by MDR)
It is suggested that this Commentary be read with the TCF book handy, for the sake of continuity. As analysis of the text is pursued, many paragraphs are divided, and the compact presentation in the book, itself, will convey the overall meaning of the paragraph. So please read an entire paragraph and then study the Commentary
To continue with our consideration of egoic groups: It might be briefly stated that the egoic groups in connection with our planet may be roughly grouped according to the stage of lotus organisation, as follows:
1. Here we speak of “the stage of lotus organization”. This phrase is being used, in this context, to indicate the origin of these Egos.
a. Egos who were produced through the individualisation process in Lemurian days. They are the true Earth humanity, along with the second group.
2. It is easy to think of individualization as having occurred only in Lemuria spark of mind twenty one million years ago. This is not the whole story, and the succeeding category must be held in mind.
3. Many of those individualized in Lemuria have made spectacular progress and some are even members of the Spiritual Hierarchy, but, in general, there is still a cleavage between the more developed Moon-chain Egos and the true Earth humanity.
With the Ancient of Days came a group of other highly evolved Entities, who represent His own individual karmic group and those Beings who are the outcome of the triple nature of the Planetary Logos. If one might so express it They embody the forces emanating from the head, heart, and throat centres, and They came in with Sanat Kumara to form focal points of planetary force for the helping of the great plan for the self-conscious unfoldment of all life. Their places have gradually been filled by the sons of men as they qualify, though this includes very few, until lately, from our immediate earth humanity.
4. We see here that some few members of “our immediate earth humanity” are definitely to be found within the Spiritual Hierarchy. This represents a spectacular feat on their part, but no feat can equal that of the Christ Who, we are told, “stands uniquely alone”.
b. Egos who have individualised during the Atlantean root-race until the door was shut.
5. VSK states: “This would be from the animal kingdom. Are those who individualised then the same as those who are now at the door ajar? i.e., the elephant, dog, cat, and horse?”
6. May it be suggested that the animal forms to be found in those days may have been very different from animal forms today. Which were the highest forms of animals available to individualization during Atlantean (or even Lemurian days). Some writings suggest that those who were to become animal man were inhabiting huge ape-like forms rather than the vehicles resembling the vehicles of present dogs, cats, horses or elephants.
7. All individualization is a movement from the animal kingdom into the human kingdom.
8. It is natural to conclude that those who individualized in Atlantean days are less developed that those who individualized in Lemuria.
9. However, given the principle of rootrace-overlap, it was not necessary for the Lemurian race to conclude before the Atlantean race began.
10. Early Atlantean days occurred some 12,000,000 years ago.
History, as studied today, goes back but a little way and although the enlightened historian and scientist may extend the story of humanity to millions of years, there is naught known about the races of men who lived those millions of years ago; naught is known of the civilisation which flourished in early Atlantean times twelve million years ago; naught is known at all of the still more ancient Lemurian civilisation which goes back more than fifteen million years; still less is known of that twilight period which existed twenty-one million years ago when men were scarcely human and when they were so closely related to the animal kingdom that we call them by the cumbersome name of "animal-man." (EH 226)
11. The very large influx of Egos (really Monads) occurred at that time, and not at that later period in the Atlantean race, i.e., when a wide opportunity for initiation arose. The door of individualization, however, may have been kept open for some time following the very large influx of individualizing Egos in early Atlantean days.
3. There was a very large influx of individualising egos in early Atlantean days and they were practically all of the power-will type. It might be stated that 80% of those who entered human evolution at that time were egos who were expressing the will aspect of deity, and that the remaining 20% were along the line of love-wisdom. (EP II 211)
c. Egos who have "come-in" from the moon chain and who are much more evolved than the earth humanity.
12. This is the principal group which stands in contrast to the Earth-chain Egos. Many problems which arise within humanity have their basis in the contrasts which exist between these two groups—Moon-chain and Earth-chain humanity.
d. Egos who have been swept in since Atlantean days to take the place of those Egos who have achieved liberation, and whose causal bodies have disappeared, or whose lotuses have "died out" leaving a vacuum in force substance which must be supplied and filled.
13. Here we have a balancing process.
14. It the liberation of the Ego the same as the dying out of a lotus? It would seem so.
15. We have been told that “nature abhors a vacuum”. Here that adage is confirmed. One can see the influence of the sign Libra as the balance is maintained.
16. It should not escape our notice that Egos are “force substance”.
17. Should Primary Lotuses be numbered among those which have been swept in since Atlantean days to take the place of liberated Egos? Perhaps. They have certainly come in since Atlantean days and they are principally from another planetary sphere.
18. Probably, as well, there are other varieties of Egos which have been swept in.
19. The who subject is one of very real interest when considering the types of human beings who may be expressing upon the planet at this time.
They usually come in from one of two schemes:
1. From the scheme embodied by the polar opposite of our planetary Logos.
2. From that scheme which is allied with these two in forming a systemic triangle. [Page 854]
20. VSK questions: “This is referred to on page 841 as Venus and Jupiter?”
21. May it be suggested that Venus is the “polar opposite of our Planetary Logos” and that Mars is “that scheme which is allied with these two in forming a systemic triangle”.
22. It does not seem too farfetched that there should an ‘Ego-exchange’ operating between Mars and the Earth. That there is such an exchange operative between Venus and the Earth is already confirmed. At least Egos do come in from Venus. Human units are also transferred to Venus, but we may question whether this transference occurs before or after they have lost their causal bodies or both.
23. Could Jupiter be one of the planets instead of Mars? It is of course possible, as Jupiter has already been cited as a source of either Monads or egoic lotuses (when the Lotuses of Brahman were discussed). Earth, Venus and Jupiter all have a strong second ray component—Jupiter and the Earth sharing a second ray soul (hypothesized in the case of Jupiter).
These cases are necessarily rare at present
24. Apparently, as regards the present Lotuses of Brahman generated from the early influx either of already formed Venusian “Bud Lotuses” or of Venusian Monads (who individualized within the Earth-scheme),such cases were not at all rare at that time, since, presently, there are many such lotuses.
but will become more frequent as more and more of the human race take the fourth Initiation.
25. Let as look at an interesting analogy: just as at the time of the "Judgment Day" a large number of Earth-chain Egos will probably be ‘transported’ or emanated to Mars (clearing the Earth-chain of many Egos who could not benefit from the elevated conditions then to be extant upon our planet or within our chain) so Egos from Venus (a planet of much greater development than ours) will flow into the Earth-chain and perhaps to our dense globe as more and more human beings take the fourth initiation. How far ahead this may be, we do not know. We can imagine that in reflection of the fourth initiation now being taken by our Planetary Logos through the Earth-chain and Earth-globe, there may be relatively many fourth degree initiates ‘made’ in the relatively near future.
26. As for Egos from Mars (hypothesized) this, too, may be a possibility, but presumably they would be relatively highly developed. Much depends on when they arrive. Conditions on Earth are, apparently, spiritually ahead of those in the Mars-chain, so no useful purpose would be served by sending undeveloped Egos from Mars into our Earth-chain when in the next round, our undeveloped Egos are to be sent to Mars.
27. All such ‘in-coming’ Egos, one would think, would not be of the primitive type, yet would have something very definite to ‘learn’ within the Earth-scheme, and presumably within the Earth-chain and upon the Earth-globe.
e. Certain rare Egos or lotuses from schemes not enumerated in the above triplicity.
28. We see the possibilities are many, but that the cases involving planets other than the two which form a triangle with Earth are rare.
They are usually only brought in so that they may perfect certain developments in their own nature, to carry out experimental work in connection with the deva kingdom, or to produce certain group results desired by the planetary Logos.
29. Again, could the “Primary Lotuses”, presumably from Vulcan, be numbered among these?
30. Let us tabulate for easier reading the reasons why such Egos from certain planetary schemes are brought in:
a. To perfect certain developments in their own nature. This would indeed apply to “Primary Lotuses” who must see to the opening of the second petal in the knowledge tier.
b. To carry out experimental work in connection with the deva kingdom. May we infer that such lotuses come in from planets which have a larger deva ‘population’ than human population?
c. To produce certain group results desired by the Planetary Logos. This is a somewhat general statement. We cannot necessarily infer that only lotuses with a highly developed group consciousness would be brought in for this task.
They frequently do not descend into dense physical incarnation but work primarily on mental and astral levels, returning to their own spheres eventually for the final stages of liberation
31. If this is the case, “Primary Lotuses” would have to be excluded because they most definitely do descend onto the physical plane.
32. So, such Egos often do not really take incarnation as human beings usually do. They may be involved with our fourth globe (on subtle levels) but perhaps, principally, with other globes within our chain, or perhaps with other globes within other chains of the Earth-scheme. Yet, we cannot help but think that we are, principally, speaking of our own globe within the Earth-chain.
33. It is interesting that they will seek final liberation (can we presume this to be the fourth initiation) on their sphere of origin?
34. What of those Egos or Monads which flowed in from Venus or Jupiter and are now Lotuses of Brahman? Are they, too, to seek final liberation upon their sphere of origin?
35. Judging from what is said, it would be hard for the average human being or even the disciple to have a clear idea about the presence of such Egos on our planet.
All these lotuses in their myriad differentiations
36. We are dealing with only preliminary facts of a vast study. Think of the clarity and intricacy of mind which are required to be certain of this subject!
have specific effects upon each other on mental levels, and these effects are as yet utterly unrealised by man.
37. DK supports the idea suggested above. It is difficult for man upon the physical plane to detect the influence of certain of the various kinds of Egos.
38. Inter-egoic effect occurs largely upon the higher mental plane (so we are led to believe). Man-the-personality does not register this egoic exchange of impression.
Nevertheless, they are the basis of the true psychology, and the grounds of all true activity.
39. Egoic origin, then, and egoic nature are the basis of all “true” psychology. True psychology deals with the nature of the soul—a study of man-as-Ego and not man-as-personality.
40. As well, according to the nature of the Ego on the higher mental plane, so will be the type and quality of activity in the three worlds which that Ego is destined to pursued. “True” activity is egoically purposeful.
The student would do well to ponder upon the effect any advanced Ego would be likely to have upon:
41. Perhaps Egos which are not advanced will have, it seems, much less impact.
a. Other Egos in his group.
42. We are aware of the effect we have upon each other as personalities, but little aware of inter-egoic effect. But it seems, what we are egoically affects what other human units are egoically.
43. While we may be aware of how another’s soul radiation affects us as a personality, are we aware of how that soul radiation affects us as soul upon the plane of soul? Probably, such a realization is relatively rare.
b. The solar Pitris who are the substance of the group.
44. Usually a “solar Pitri” is considered to be an advanced Being—far in advance of man. Is DK telling us that the egoic radiation of an advanced Ego will affect the “solar Pitris” who are substanding the other Egos in the group?
45. Do we as human souls upon the higher mental plane (i.e., as Egos within the causal body) have an effect upon the Solar Angel or “solar Pitri” who substands our egoic demonstration?
46. Is DK saying that the solar pitric substance of an advanced Ego has a stimulating effect upon the solar pitric substance of other perhaps less advanced Egos in the group?
47. What has to be clarified is the spiritual status of the “solar Pitris”. Sometimes it is assured that they are highly advanced Beings—returning Nirvanis from a previous mahamanvantara. At other times they seem to be substantial in a lesser sense. This is all part of the mystery and is related to their sacrifice. They enter to substand the expression of the human Monad on the higher mental plane, and yet have ‘another life’ very much of their own, on their own true plane, whichever plane that is (and there are many theories).
48. According to what is said later in this section of text, is wise to differentiate between the “solar Pitris” and the deva substance of the higher mental plane which these Pitris substand.
c. The lunar Pitris, who are linked with the solar Pitris through the permanent atoms.
49. We are familiar with the idea that the lunar pitris are much affected by the “solar Pitris”. DK has given close attention to the result of their interplay
50. The permanent atoms (really the units in the atomic triangle) are found within the causal body and are thus directly related to the “solar Pitris” Who substand the egoic lotus. As well, the lower permanent atoms and mental unit are the ‘control center’ with which the lunar pitris are associated.
51. We should remember the way that certain “mantra” sounded by the Solar Pitris is taken up and elaborated by the lunar pitris. This was discussed in an earlier Commentary.
At each incarnation, finer forms are required, and the formulas therefore grow more complicated, and the sounds on which they are based become more numerous. In time, the formulas are completed, and the lunar Pitris respond no more to the sounds or mantrams chanted on the mental plane. This is indicative of the stage of perfection, and shows that the three worlds have no more a downward pull for the jiva concerned. Desire for lower manifestation and experience has no more sway, and only conscious purpose is left. Then, and only then, can the true Mayavirupa be constructed; the Master then sounds the mantram for Himself, and builds without formulas in the three worlds. At the time too that man begins to tread the Probationary Path, the mantrams of the solar Angels begin to die down, and slowly (as the petals of the inner circle open up) the true Word emerges until the three enshrining petals burst open, and the central spark is revealed. Then the Word is fully known, and mantrams and formulas have no further use. Thus is the beauty of the scheme revealed. When the planetary Logos is concerned, the Word sounded on cosmic levels is being resolved into mantrams on the cosmic etheric planes, for He is in a position to create consciously on those levels; He works nevertheless through formulas on the dense physical planes of His scheme, our three worlds of endeavour. (TCF 772)
We have enumerated above certain classifications of groups of Egos
52. Not all, by any means—so runs the inference…
to be found on the causal levels of the mental plane, so as to give students some idea of the vastness of the subject, and the complexity of the problem.
53. Are we somewhat informed about the degree of complexity? Once again A Treatise on Cosmic Fire proves that it can induce a greatly broadened perspective.
54. If we think our personality lives are complicated, we have only to think of the amazingly intricate group classifications of B/beings on higher planes, no limited to the higher mental plane, but beyond as well.
55. DK calls our subject a “problem” and not merely a “subject”. Much that is problematic ‘below’, within the lower three worlds, probably has its roots in the great number of types of Egos ‘above’.
It must be remembered that on the third subplane of the mental plane there is no individual separation such as we find when in physical manifestation, but nevertheless group separation is to be seen.
56. This is an interesting statement. Apparently the sense of individual separation is not to be sensed, yet the sense of “group separation” is to be noted.
57. When one enters the state of contemplation this type of unitive perception can be achieved.
58. However, does a human unit focussed on causal or egoic levels not have a sense of, shall we say, ‘distinctness within the field of unity’? The sense of being a unit of a certain quality amidst many units of distinctive qualities is not necessarily a sense of separation.
These groups are far too many to enumerate in detail.
59. How interesting it would be to become acquainted with these differentiations! Yet, knowledge for its own sake can be a trap. As such information is needed, one suspects, it will be made available.
We have outlined and named five of the larger groups as catalogued under [Page 855] one scheme of tabulation in the Hall of Records.
61. All depends upon one’s perspective. Examined from a different angle, the enumeration and groupings will be different.
62. Reviewing, the groupings are:
a. Egos individualized in Lemurian days
b. Egos individualized in Atlantean days
c. Moon chain Egos
d. Egos from two planetary schemes which with our Earth-scheme make a triangle
e. Egos which, under rare circumstances, come in from still other planetary schemes and may work primarily upon the astral and mental planes, not taking physical incarnation at all.
Other methods of enumeration exist, and even under the one here used, these five groups are each subdivided into ten groups, and these again are broken up into lesser units, all of them being known and portrayed under certain symbols.
63. Amazing thought! Do we really think we can study occultism without the benefit of an acute mind?
64. Perhaps some dim sense of these intricate differentiations can be gathered from the intimate and abiding contacts we make on the physical plane.
When we come to the second subplane of the mental plane (the plane whereon the egoic bodies of advanced humanity, of disciples, and of initiates are found) the method of grouping will be according to:
65. Notice that “advanced humanity” is included along with disciples and initiates. It may be questioned whether advanced humanity has achieved the first initiation (at which time, many have supposed, the causal body is refocussed upon second subplane of the mental plane).
66. Of course, the term “advanced humanity” may include aspirants and those who are becoming spiritually aware. In general, however, we may suppose that the causal body ‘moves’ to the second subplane sometime before the first initiation.
67. Is this type of grouping (tabulated below) not followed in the differentiation to be found on the third subplane? DK seems to infer that it is not.
68. We should not assume that the “subray” is necessarily the personality ray. it can be hypothesized with reason that the egoic subray is to be found on egoic levels—i.e., sourced from the higher mental plane.
69. Every distinction listed in this fourfold tabulation seems to be taking place on the higher mental plane.
c. Department (whether under the Manu, the Mahachohan or the Bodhisattva on our earth scheme or their analogies on other schemes).
70. We note that the departmental classification precedes the ashramic classification.
71. In one way, the third, fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh ray Ashrams are all in the department of the Mahachohan. Egos from all five of these Ashrams have something in common even before their differentiation into five distinct types.
72. We also note that the Three Departmental Heads have Their counterparts on other planetary schemes. For instance, representatives of the Cosmic Christ (such as our Christ, Lord Maitreya, is) can also be found on other planetary schemes.
d. The Master's group.
73. By this, presumably, is meant the Master’s Ashram.
These egoic lotuses are all organised, and have a number of petals unfolded whilst some are in the final stages of development.
74. We are certainly not speaking of “Bud Egos” nor of the most undeveloped Egos (Brahmic Lotuses, for instance).
75. When we are told that these lotuses are “all organised” are we to infer that even the sacrifice tier is organised? This would seem excessive with respect to those lotuses that have only a few petals open. In other words, do ‘Atlantean Lotuses” with, let us say, only two petals completely unfolded, have the sacrifice tier organized? One would think not. On the Path of Probation only the second tier is organized, not the third.
76. It would seem more likely that at least the second tier is organized or in process of organization for the five types of lotuses discussed above. One could wonder however, about the lotuses which were created through individualization in Atlantean times. Has there been enough time for such organization.
They have also been grouped under the following three heads:
Lotuses of revelation. Those in which the "jewel" is just about to be revealed.
77. As it is the task of the third degree initiate to make revelation of the Monad, and as the “jewel” is only revealed following the third initiation, we can look at this type of lotus as indicating the period from the onset of the third initiation to the fourth.
When the third initiation is taken the initiate becomes aware, not only of the significance of the command to Know and of his innate ability to Express the will nature of the monad in carrying out the Purpose of Shamballa, but that (through his fused personality-soul) he is now in a position to "make revelation" to the Hierarchy that he is en rapport with the monadic source from which he originally came. He can now obey the command to Reveal, because the Transfiguration is consummated. He is not now revealing the soul only, but all the three aspects now meet in him and he can reveal the life aspect as will and not only the soul aspect as love or the matter aspect as intelligence. (R&I 316)
Lotuses with perfume. Those whose occult "smell" or aroma is permeating their environment. They are those Egos who have not yet completely unfolded the final tier of petals, but whose lives are of magnetic force in the three worlds, and whose careers are distinguished by altruistic service.
78. These lotuses are in process of unfolding the final tier of petals (which, in this case, is the sacrifice tier) but they have not yet reached the period of the third initiation.
79. Given the emphasis upon magnetism, one could think that the period of the second initiation is indicated. The magnetic astral body is the special field of cultivation at the second initiation; it is to become a reflector of the buddhic plane and a vehicle of expression for the energy of buddhi—i.e., of love.
80. When looking at the vegetable kingdom ruled by rays two, four and six, the second ray is especially associated with perfume, just as the fourth ray with color and the sixth ray to the ‘aspiration’ of the uprising stem.
81. When the necessary changes in the astral body have occurred (indicating the period of the second initiation) the disciple can express himself altruistically in the environment through the power of “magnetic force”.
Radiant lotuses, or those whose light is beginning to shine forth as lights in a dark place.
82. As for the “radiant lotuses”, the period between the full opening of the fifth petal and the increasing opening of the seventh would seem indicated. The fifth petal is fully unfolded at the first initiation; the sixth petal is rapidly unfolding, and it can be presumed that the seventh petal has been touched by the Rod of Initiation and is unfolding.
83. If with the unfoldment of the fifth petal a man can be a “genius”, his light is certainly beginning to shine forth “in a dark place”. This shining forth naturally continues to the third and into the fourth initiation (and beyond, but no through the medium of an egoic lotus).
84. It is interesting that in the famous mantram of the third initiation—“Let the Holy Ones Whose pupils we aspire to become, show us the Light we seek…etc.”, the phrase “shine forth” is distinctly used.
85. The period from the Path of Probation to the second initiation is one which is given to the intensification of the light. That intensification continues, but an intensification of love is added to it with the second initiation, and then the intensification of will towards the third (though love and light continue to be intensified).
They are grouped also according to primary colour, to subsidiary colouring, according to key or tone, and one tabulation is entirely numerical.
86. Let us tabulate the indicated grouping, according to—
a. Primary colour. This will indicate the major ray of the Ego.
b. Subsidiary colour. This may indicate the subray of the Ego.
c. Key. This is the musical note on which the primary color or major egoic ray is expressed. There will also be a musical note for the subsidiary color and subray of the Ego.
d. Tone. Tone may mean the same as “key”, but the question of the quality or timbre of the tone enters. This has much to do with the effectiveness of the causal body as a resonator.
87. The numerical tabulation may reflect ray structure, or may reflect groupings according to specific multiples of 7, such as 35, 28, 21, 14, etc.
88. Suffice it to say, there is order in the heavens and our task is, increasingly, to apprehend that order and organize that which is below according to that order.
It might be of interest [Page 856] to the student if we here pointed out that in the Hall of Records in connection with the human Egos certain of the records under symbological terminology keep a minute account of the following facts concerning each unit:
89. We must note that the account kept is not general but “minute”. There is the most acute supervision and administration. It would seem that every turn and phase of the entire evolutionary process has been noted and accounted for.
90. The symbolism would be fascinating. Phases of development are obviously symbolized and the essence of any particular phase revealed.
The lunar record. This deals with all the lower vehicles and forms, employed by the human Monads and concerns itself with:
91. We see that even the lowest vehicles are expressions of the human Monad.
a. Their rate of vibration,
92. Vibration increases until all matter within these lower vehicles is atomic matter (except, of course, for the mental vehicle).
b. Their type,
93. By this, can DK mean their ray?
94. Or are we simply speaking of the distinctions between physical-etheric, astral and mental lunar vehicles?
95. As well, there may be a typology of which we know nothing.
c. Their key number,
96. This may have something to do with the frequency to which these vehicles are vibrating.
97. When the word “key” is used, there may also be musical implications. The key determines the rate or frequency of vibration. Music and mathematics, we know, are inseparable.
d. The particular group of lunar Lords who are concerned with those bodies,
98. The “lunar lords” are not the “elemental lives”. The three lower lunar lords remain associated throughout the evolution of the human being. They are, in this respect, a group. The same group of lunar lords is recalled into service time and time again, at the onset of each incarnation.
99. From this it must be evident that the “lunar lords” are one thing and the “bodies” they inform and influence quite another. This type of distinction should be carefully held in mind.
e. The detailed history of the elemental lives who construct the bodies.
100. The elemental lives, in this context, are the tiny, lesser lives or, from one perspective, “lesser builders”. They too, so it seems, remain associated with the manifesting human being life after life.
This information is employed by the karmic official responsible for the production of a new set of vehicles at each incarnation, in order to assist the working out of karma.
101. The type of information required must be staggeringly complex. However, there are, it seems, many ‘training stations’ along the way to becoming a higher Karmic Lord.
102. Form is not moulded by chance. The construction of our vehicles is prepared with minute attention to detail.
The history of the lunar bodies is stored up in the permanent atoms.
103. This is something a platitude. The permanent atom is, so to speak, the ‘ultimate memory chip’.
104. That history is minutely recorded. Nothing is left to chance.
The solar record. This deals with the more permanent egoic vehicle, and concerns itself with:
a. The rate of vibration.
105. The causal body must have its own rate of vibration and its note.
106. Notice that the egoic vehicle is simply called “more permanent”, but hardly permanent.
b. The history of the petal unfoldment.
107. This history is not entirely generic. Idiosyncrasies exist and each process of petal unfoldment is, ultimately, distinctive.
c. The history of any particular group of solar Angels concerned with the formation of the lotus.
108. Each human being is served by a group of lunar lords and also by a group of “solar Angels”. This deserves pondering.
109. Solar Angels come in many varieties and their appearance in the higher and solar nature of man is a group experience.
110. It would seem that the formation of the lotus is a group project, undertaken as such from the outset.
d. The activity of the deva substance out of which the lotus is constructed.
111. Here is an important point. We must not confuse the Solar Angels Who substand the egoic lotus with the “deva substance” from which it is constructed.
112. Really, these are two kinds of energies, one of them far greater, and substanding and moulding the other.
e. Group relationships.
113. By this may be meant relations of Egos within an egoic group.
This information is used by the Master Who has made Himself responsible for the stimulation and the growth of any particular series of Egos,
114. It is important to note that the Master makes himself responsible for a series of Egos rather than a series of personalities. He is to stimulate the Egos and see to their growth. We see this in the manner in which Master DK undertook the training of certain “willing aspirants”.
and also by advanced Egos who are consciously working with their group.
115. This type of stimulation is not wielded only by Masters. “Advanced Egos” are also responsible in this manner, though to a lesser degree.
116. We have spoken, thus far of the “lunar record” and “solar record” and now we enter upon the “consciousness record”.
The consciousness record. This concerns the response of the indwelling Entity to its surroundings. It deals [Page 857] with the utilisation of knowledge by the knower, and is in many ways the most intricate and the most lengthy of the records.
117. We can imagine the subtlety of this kind of record, for consciousness is an ‘intangible’. In this case we are not dealing with substance as in the first two. If consciousness is to be deemed substantial, it is certainly substantial in a sense different from the substantiality of subtle energy-substance or force-substance.
118. The indwelling soul is the object of attention when attempting to keep and interpret the “consciousness record”.
These records are mostly used by the Lord of the World and His pupils to ascertain information in connection with the planetary centres.
119. When DK uses the term “these records”, does He mean all three of those just discussed, or only the “consciousness record”?
120. We are learning that the records are related to Shamballic process, for the Lord of the World is involved.
121. Of course, the “pupils” of the Lord of the World are not only to be found in Shamballa, but within the ranks of Hierarchy, so we cannot be sure of who it is accessing the records.
122. The planetary centres are formed by Monads (at least the higher ones on the monadic plane). The Lord of the World may wish to understand the quality of expression of certain Monads in incarnation, and may gather the information through a close study of the lunar record, the solar record and the consciousness record.
They are arranged in such a way that the entire record of any group, however vast and extensive, is embodied in seven sheets of symbols, each containing forty-nine symbols.
123. This compression is a great example of the Law of Economy in action.
124. Here VSK reminds us that this is 7 x 49 = 343.
125. There are many, many groups and yet it seems that each is fully explained through forty-nine symbols.
126. Is not the Divine Plan ‘written’ on sheets of such symbols?
127. The Masters have effective ways of communicating vast quantities of information in the most essentialized form.
These sheets are changed and corrected once every seven years, and are precipitated on astral matter by an effort of will by the Chohan responsible for the particular group involved.
128. We are being instructed concerning certain occult methods which are designed to register the progress of any group. It would be unusual if this method were not related to the “Law of Group Progress”.
129. We gather that those who can with accuracy read the “akashic record” will be able to interpret the records of such groups.